Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Sunday 20 February 2011

Day 02 - Where you'd like to be in 10 years.












Short of detailing my transcendence from human form into cybernetic super-consciousness (yes I'm being serious), there isn't a specific place I want to be in 10 years time. Though I appreciate the question is really "What would you like to have accomplished within 10 years?"

There are the obvious things, for example - I would like to have improved my career. Become a better artist and that kind of thing. I enjoy it - yes, but the motivation behind that desire is money. More experience = More Money. All Jobs are after all, just a job. I hope that in 10 years time I still have work in order to provide myself the financial comfort from which to realize other ambitions.

Because of that, I am still deciding what those ambitions are. I've been working on a book concept for a little while now, starting a blog about my nerdy endeavours is something that will happen soon (and which this is the precusor to). I'm slowly but surely making music these days. , though these are tentative feelers allowed in the wake of having realized the ambition I had since I was very young (and which is my career). I am yet to work out which are realistic.

But what about the bigger picture? Within 10 years time I will have needed to decide if I want marriage, a family. These are questions I'm simply not ready to answer. The pursuit of happiness is a complicated thing, I don't have a battle plan. I think trying to realize more of my creativity and expand my knowledge of the world around me are  a relatively decent place to start, though.

Ego Prevails.

No comments:

Post a Comment